I will start by saying that if you don't like cooking or baking or you think you can't bake or cook, it doesn't matter. This recipe will make everybody think that you are one AWESOME cook!
This bars came together in no time. Mix store bought sugar cookie dough, oatmeal, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bake once. Spread dulce de leche from a can (or something fresh from the store if you are in Latin-America). Cover with second half of sugar cookie dough, oatmeal, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bake again. Cool down. Refrigerate (the longest part of the process!) EAT!!!!!
Happy 2 year anniversary to my lovely husband and Happy birthday to my friend Valerie!
2 rolls of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 1/2 cup quick oats or old fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1-2 cans dulce de leche*
9x13 baking pan
1. Heat oven 350 degrees. Grease baking pan.
2. Stir or knead 1 roll of sugar cookie dough, 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cups oats, 1 tsp vanilla. Press mixture evenly on the baking pan until you have an even crust. Bake for 14 min. (The crust will continue to bake on the step 4).
3. While crust is in the oven, soften dulce de leche in a small saucepan until it is soft enough to spread easily on crust. Spread on crust that you baked on step 2.
4. Stir or knead the rest of the cookie ingredients: 1 roll sugar cookie dough, 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cups oats, 1 tsp vanilla. Crumble this mixture evenly over the dulce de leche. Bake for 20-25 min or until somewhat golden brown. Bars will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven.
5. Let them cool for 30 min. Then refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Cut in squares of your desired size and ENJOY!